General General forums for the GTR community.

Corvette ZR1 trumps GTR

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Banned

The GTR won? on what grounds?

got beat in every power category.

every SPEED category.

?????

because its cheaper?

ok. well you can save a few bucks on jap crap that was probaly essembled by 13 year old boys somewhere

meanwhile your getting your *** kicked by the Z06 AND viper ACR.

the fact that Car and Driver DIDNT EVEN BOTHER TO USE A ZR1 was more of a sympathy move than anything.
Old 07-07-2008, 09:05 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
OUCH!>.. this poor fool...

If i saw the video Correctly THe GTR WON 1st place..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cyesMboupuU

There you go just to shut your mouth.. But i know it wont close cause you say apples taste like oranges... Ignorance man..Its a Bliss with you

0-150 The GTR was behind the Z06 by 9 seconds. Did you look at the criteria the judges used to determine the winner? Stop mis using "ignorance is bliss" in all your posts. BTW go choke on your irony.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:31 AM
GTR Member

hey thats fine rofl.... When you say the GTR lost on 0-150 and keep talking about straight lines. Stick to your story. but when it comes down to a track and the GTR gets first place every single time in every single magazine. Just eat it.. How stupid are you two Trailer Park Red necks? They say it wins everytime but loses on 0-150 and 0- top speed and anything that has to do with straight lines except 0-60 and the shifting and handling. And after all the **** you talk about it and say "what grounds does the GTR win on?"

ON Every ****en review and every single magazine.. THE GTR WINS 1st place. This is not a oh i it lost on 0-120 and 0 -150 and 0 - 190 .. This is What car is the better and faster car around the track. AND EVERY VIDEO SAYS GTR And EVERY mAGAZINE SAYS GTR> You two are pathetic and you need to lay off the pipe.
Old 07-07-2008, 10:38 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
hey thats fine rofl.... When you say the GTR lost on 0-150 and keep talking about straight lines. Stick to your story. but when it comes down to a track and the GTR gets first place every single time in every single magazine. Just eat it.. How stupid are you two Trailer Park Red necks? They say it wins everytime but loses on 0-150 and 0- top speed and anything that has to do with straight lines except 0-60 and the shifting and handling. And after all the **** you talk about it and say "what grounds does the GTR win on?"

ON Every ****en review and every single magazine.. THE GTR WINS 1st place. This is not a oh i it lost on 0-120 and 0 -150 and 0 - 190 .. This is What car is the better and faster car around the track. AND EVERY VIDEO SAYS GTR And EVERY mAGAZINE SAYS GTR> You two are pathetic and you need to lay off the pipe.
LOL me lay off the pipe, the GTR got smoked by every car in the C&D test. The GT2 Porsche beat the GTR, and the ACR Viper Destroyed the GT2 by 4 SECONDS. Like I told in earlier post, the ACR would kill everything and it has. Just look at all the results fron the 1 lap of america, the ACR Viper was between 15 -40 seconds ahead of the GTR on very short races.
Old 07-07-2008, 05:17 PM

Interesting point but an all-out straight line acceleration all the way to top speed does not necessarily make a car better, faster (whatever you call it)... in this case that is.

The comparisons are made as a whole and not by certain criteria of what these cars can do. If drag race was the topic or the focused criteria, practically, anything on the road can be made 9 second faster than the GTR up to whatever top speed. But, unfortunately, it's not only based on top speed acceleration as some of you brought up.

Fact of the matter is GTR is very capable against Z06, ZR-1 (with the Spec V version of GTR in the picture) and even some of the fastest cars in the market today. We can all debate it all day, but we're not going anywhere fast!

Last edited by rodel12; 07-07-2008 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Banned

Gtr Sucks

Wow you GTR guys really should be politicians.

somehow you guys can manage to build a car that is slower, weaker, and ****tier than any of the competitors and still think your the best!!!!

Whats next??? what do you guys say when you pull up next to a stop light against a vette????

uhhh lets race up here... and around the corner... take a left... umm do a little right fade and lets do a U-turn and then lets see who wins!

pathetic.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:29 AM

^^^ You're entitled to make your own opinion, but that's being ignorant (no pun intended). You're knocking a car saying "Gtr Sucks" when you've never had personal experience driving it.

Also, we're not talking about street racing. These magazines tested these cars in a track where time matters, not whose got the bigger ***** and ego on the street, which I will have to agree with you... its pathetic.

Last edited by rodel12; 07-08-2008 at 04:41 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 02:02 PM
Banned

Its not whose got the biggest *****, its whose got enough to pull off the line and beat em' to whatever your going to be racing to.

saying the GTR is faster just because it puts up good track times is like saying the H1 Millitary Hummer is faster just because its got 700 bhp.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:00 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by congoman775
im not ignorant and im not against the GTR.

i am a fan of American Cars and Japanese cars. i really dont care which one wins, but again, if you look at the high performance cars which have run the ring' before, more hp. and lighter weight doesnt always mean a better time.

it will be fast but i would be genuinly suprised if it came out on top, especially as Porsche is now designing a New 911 for the sole purpose of taking back the ring.
It's amazing how your tone has changed since this quote from the first page. Between this thread and the other ZR1 vs. GTR thread currently going, you have pretty much insisted that "the GTR is crap" and that anyone driving one would "be called a ricer". I believe those were the exact quotes.
Did a GTR kill your mom and dad in front of your eyes after you left the opera? Are you donning a cape and mask and traveling the forums at night to fight the evil that is the GTR? Jump in your ZR1mobile and take back Gotham city from the ricers.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:14 PM

Its not whose got the biggest *****, its whose got enough to pull off the line and beat em' to whatever your going to be racing to.
In terms of street racing, it IS whose got the biggest set of ***** is the basis of that kind of illegal activity in public roads. It shouldn't even exist... it's unfortunate that it does.

saying the GTR is faster just because it puts up good track times is like saying the H1 Millitary Hummer is faster just because its got 700 bhp.
Hold on a minute... so what does those times mean to you? You started off this thread with ZR1 trumping the GTR by 3 seconds from the ring. I don't get how you can say that?

Your engine can make crazy horsepower, but if you can't transfer that to the ground, what good will it be? Having high BHP will not tell me how it will do in a 1/4 mile track, auto-x, road racing, etc. Track times and BHP ratings are 2 different things.

You're obviously on your own world in here and there's really no point in talking to you.

It's been nice talking with you. Peace.

Last edited by rodel12; 07-08-2008 at 04:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Corvette ZR1 trumps GTR