General General forums for the GTR community.

Does anyone think that 70-80K is to much for the GTR

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2007, 10:31 AM
GTR Senior Member

for the record, there will be no mini-Veyron. that is axed.

the new GTR will be out of my range, as well. i'm going to probably end up with a used one as the prices plummet. you'll probably be able to get the "2007" model (which i suppose is the 08 model) for about $20K-$30K in about 5 years. maybe even less than $20k. by 2013, financed with some money down, you'll get into a used 2008 GTR for about $300-$400/mo (mabe even less), so don't despair too much.

keep in mind, too, that this car is going to get pathetic gas mileage (relatively speaking), and insurance will be very high. so it will not be a car you'd want to necessarily drive daily. it's another expensive toy. like a vette or 911. sure, you can drive those daily, but the costs will be very high. keep in mind, too, that all of the RB-powered GTRs get pretty awful mileage. like 14-16mpg city.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:11 PM
GTR Member

Affording a car is all relative. Based on statistics most people in America live beyond their means anyway. People with higher incomes tend to have larger bills. In the end it all seems to be a wash.

When I bought my 2001 C5 Corvette new it stickered at $49,800. I was making decent money, and might have been able to afford more. However, there were other hobbies I also wanted to pursue as well. I enjoyed my hobbies, but ate spagetti, hamburgers, and instant noodles a lot. So someone who sets their budget at x-dollars isn't always maxed out. Its all about choices...

My insurance was only about $1100 a year, which is considderably less than I would have paid for a Mustang or Camaro. Also, maintenance costs were $0 for the vette. Where even a G35 is like $3000 over 3 years. GTRs aren't cheap either, on my R32 GTR it seemed like all repairs ended with three zeros!

Don't forget the insane cost of rubber either! The Vette runs $1200 for 4 tires. ( I ran over a lawn mower blade in the road and sliced my left rear. Had to buy two new ones at almost $350 a piece! That's a car payment!)

The thing that really scares me about a used GTR, or any new high tech car, is the maintenance after the factory warranty expires. Not really a car you can fix under the ol' shade tree...

-AL
Old 02-04-2007, 02:44 AM

Skyline ... is infinite value ... everyone dies to own one .. i dont think the price tag is too much .. because u will hold a godzilla which u cant use for daily drive ..
Old 02-25-2008, 05:07 PM
GTR Senior Member

a blast from a year ago, but some pretty good discussion for so early on
Old 02-26-2008, 11:23 AM
GTR Member

I think they needed to raise the price more. I am a soon to be owner. I dont want to see these on over corner like I do with Evos or STi's. I want some exclusivities in my dream. So in the end I hope they charge 100K for every car. Less on the street = more demand = more value when I trade my car in for a V-Spec.
Old 02-26-2008, 05:19 PM
GTR Senior Member

I think they needed to raise the price more. I am a soon to be owner. I dont want to see these on over corner like I do with Evos or STi's. I want some exclusivities in my dream. So in the end I hope they charge 100K for every car. Less on the street = more demand = more value when I trade my car in for a V-Spec.
lol, its always good to have differing opinions, i think that with the number of them that they'll be probably importing that you'll be ok

boston, hmm i used to live there for a bit

you from the city or from the area?
Old 02-26-2008, 06:43 PM
GTR Member

no its not to much.. thats all i got to say.....................
Old 02-26-2008, 09:02 PM
GTR Member

I agree with scott, the car should be worth more. The car, I believe, will be pretty exclusive even with the amount of cars being sold in the US. Needless to say that the performance of the car speaks for itself, that should be sufficient evidence that the car is valued extremely well.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by bonzelite
the new GTR will be out of my range, as well. i'm going to probably end up with a used one as the prices plummet. you'll probably be able to get the "2007" model (which i suppose is the 08 model) for about $20K-$30K in about 5 years. maybe even less than $20k. by 2013, financed with some money down, you'll get into a used 2008 GTR for about $300-$400/mo (mabe even less), so don't despair too much.

keep in mind, too, that this car is going to get pathetic gas mileage (relatively speaking), and insurance will be very high. so it will not be a car you'd want to necessarily drive daily. it's another expensive toy. like a vette or 911. sure, you can drive those daily, but the costs will be very high. keep in mind, too, that all of the RB-powered GTRs get pretty awful mileage. like 14-16mpg city.
I realize that this was posted over a year ago, but jeesh, some of the estimates here are outrageous.

Gtr being worth 20-30k in 5 years ? Not going to happen. Not unless you have got a ton of miles on it!

As far as gas mileage goes, thats yet to be seen. But with the GTR being ULEV certified , somehow I doubt its going to be THAT bad though. We'll see.
Old 05-29-2008, 03:34 PM
GTR Member

At the end of they day a car is worth what your willing to pay for it. When it comes to the skyline the only thing i can say is "deal."
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA PATIENT

Last edited by nissan34; 03-04-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone think that 70-80K is to much for the GTR