General General forums for the GTR community.

Does anyone think that 70-80K is to much for the GTR

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 10:07 AM

I think that 73,400 plus tax and tags is a good price for this car i am going to get one as soon as the first production bugs are worked out and the Production is ramped up so more units are available.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:35 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by shahulx
the Z06 did about 7:46 if I remember on the NUR..... i bet the GTR will be right there...

The GTR may lack about 50hp (maybe, who knows), but with awd, rws and more it will be formidable...

the thing the GTR doesnt have is the vettes heritage here in the USA...we know is has quite a rich history, but someone in the USA looking to spend $70-80k MAY want the name Porsche, Mercedes, BMW...or can go with monikers they know like Corvette or Viper....

The NSX sales are bad because of performance per dollar.... I dont think we have any real accurate representation of what the GTR will do.... will it fall like the Supra and NSX? maybe... lets hope not

Again, iy you can afford $70k then you can maybe afford $80k.... but like I said...$60k was about my max ...so I was hoping to afford one, but now it looks to be out of my range

Just FYI the GTR did 7:38 when it was tested first with a few damp spots. Once the car was retested on the tracks the official word is 7:29 seconds around nurburing.

The GTR is worth every penny if you think about it. I recently sold my 05 evolution8 MR so that i could pre order my GTR and did in fact get one for MSRP. Now the deal here is either you think its worth it or you think its not. When i Graduated from High school in 2004 i was given a chance to buy any car up to 100k by my dad. He was pushing me towards M5 / M3 / Viper / Z06 ... To me he was just ignorant because he was saying spend at your limit and get the name. I chose a $36,500 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR because i wanted the car for overall performance and handling. When i heard the car was coming out i waited months on end and called many many dealers to get that car again at MSRP and found one to buy it from. All the cars my dad wanted me to buy were just cars you can show off with that had a name. He was so angry i wanted a Mitsubishi he was about to not even buy me a car at all because i refused an Expensive car. I prefer the underdog with the less popular name who Spanks it competitors. I chose the Evolution 8 and started slowly fixing it up and never once did i regret it. That car was amazing and was the king of the road when i was driving it. I AM POSITIVE The GTR will be the same. I believe it is the best bang for the buck and if you are a true AWD trubo fan you cant ask for more then this GTR. Some people like the car for the car, Some people like the car for the name. You have to ask yourself " what do i want?"

Well... I want a car that is safe, Fast, reliable and of Japanese quality. I prefer a car that can take turns faster then most cars because i enojy it when people try to Intimidate you with their car and cant keep up on the turns. I want a car for the thrill. When i come to a red light and a Viper or Ferrari pulls up next to me or any other sports car. I wanna blow them out of the hole and make them think WTF was that .

Thats what i want. Not a car that has less performance but makes the girls turn their heads..
Old 05-30-2008, 02:56 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
Just FYI the GTR did 7:38 when it was tested first with a few damp spots. Once the car was retested on the tracks the official word is 7:29 seconds around nurburing.

The GTR is worth every penny if you think about it. I recently sold my 05 evolution8 MR so that i could pre order my GTR and did in fact get one for MSRP. Now the deal here is either you think its worth it or you think its not. When i Graduated from High school in 2004 i was given a chance to buy any car up to 100k by my dad. He was pushing me towards M5 / M3 / Viper / Z06 ... To me he was just ignorant because he was saying spend at your limit and get the name. I chose a $36,500 2005 Mitsubishi Evolution 8 MR because i wanted the car for overall performance and handling. When i heard the car was coming out i waited months on end and called many many dealers to get that car again at MSRP and found one to buy it from. All the cars my dad wanted me to buy were just cars you can show off with that had a name. He was so angry i wanted a Mitsubishi he was about to not even buy me a car at all because i refused an Expensive car. I prefer the underdog with the less popular name who Spanks it competitors. I chose the Evolution 8 and started slowly fixing it up and never once did i regret it. That car was amazing and was the king of the road when i was driving it. I AM POSITIVE The GTR will be the same. I believe it is the best bang for the buck and if you are a true AWD trubo fan you cant ask for more then this GTR. Some people like the car for the car, Some people like the car for the name. You have to ask yourself " what do i want?"

Well... I want a car that is safe, Fast, reliable and of Japanese quality. I prefer a car that can take turns faster then most cars because i enojy it when people try to Intimidate you with their car and cant keep up on the turns. I want a car for the thrill. When i come to a red light and a Viper or Ferrari pulls up next to me or any other sports car. I wanna blow them out of the hole and make them think WTF was that .

Thats what i want. Not a car that has less performance but makes the girls turn their heads..

MSRP in L.A.???? How's that possible????
Old 05-30-2008, 04:49 PM
GTR Member

Didnt buy mine from LA. I got mine at a dealer a few hours away. I pre ordered 2 with a friend and we both gave our $5,000 deposit and mine is already being made.

I got my Evolution 8 MR at MSRP the first day as well while others paid mark up. If you have the time and put in the effort to call and talk to the managers and talk it out you can get any car at MSRP.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:46 PM
GTR Senior Member

Will your dad by me a viper? PM me.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:04 PM
GTR Member

Didnt buy mine from LA. I got mine at a dealer a few hours away. I pre ordered 2 with a friend and we both gave our $5,000 deposit and mine is already being made.

I got my Evolution 8 MR at MSRP the first day as well while others paid mark up. If you have the time and put in the effort to call and talk to the managers and talk it out you can get any car at MSRP.

I don't think it's as easy as that. A dealer has to be a fool to give up this car for MSRP right now.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:00 PM
GTR Member

see ... this is why you did not get yours or find yours at MSRP.. A dealer does not have to be a fool. You have to be smart to get your car at MSRP. Just like i got my Evo 8 MR the first year it came out the first day it came out at MSRP, I got my GTR at MSRP. You have to find the dealer in the right area and find the right person to talk to. I think you have to be a fool to pay over MSRP.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:51 PM
GTR Member

see ... this is why you did not get yours or find yours at MSRP.. A dealer does not have to be a fool. You have to be smart to get your car at MSRP. Just like i got my Evo 8 MR the first year it came out the first day it came out at MSRP, I got my GTR at MSRP. You have to find the dealer in the right area and find the right person to talk to. I think you have to be a fool to pay over MSRP.

Smart, meaning???? I don't think I'm not smart (Masters in CompSci from Stanford). Not sure if its smarts or connections. Good job nonetheless however you got it done.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:29 PM
GTR Member

Just becuase its worth every penny to you doesnt mean it is to others.
The only reason your dad was being ignorant was by offering you $100,000 for finishing high school, based on reading some of your other post, it sure does not seem like you graduated.
M3's M5's Z06's and Viper don't cost 100k anyway so I an everyone else are not sure what your point is, as usual.
All you are doin is showing off the Skyline/GTR name which make you the same as the people you are making fun of. It sounds to me you like the car for the name. If you were buying for pure performance and have 100k to spend, you bought the wrong car.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:32 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by darstar007
Smart, meaning???? I don't think I'm not smart (Masters in CompSci from Stanford). Not sure if its smarts or connections. Good job nonetheless however you got it done.
dont sweat it, your dealing with a guy who thinks the GTR was created by some divine conception and is faster than a Veyron in a line and can out handle F1 cars.

Quick Reply: Does anyone think that 70-80K is to much for the GTR