General General forums for the GTR community.

Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 AM

Anyone taking deposits on the Spec-V?
Old 05-12-2008, 12:31 PM

I have emailed, which has been the best reponse tool - then phone call since they offer the name to speak with, around to several dealerships in the midwest, surrounding states to Oklahoma as far north as Minnesota down to Texas, and I have only found three dealers selling at msrp and their lists are into 2010.

Grubbs Nissan, Bedford, Tx
Lou Fusz Nissan, Creve Coeur, MO

Both are at a 5K deposit.

Any other dealer in the Midwest was selling for at most $25K Market Adjustment plus deposit, usually 15K-20K. Another was at $10 MA but with a $7.5K non-refundable deposit. They did have openings those if you wanted to pay that throw-away money.
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 PM

Thanks! I found pretty much the same, I am on the list currently without deposit for a Spec-V, the deposit will be due as soon as they have word when they are coming in 2010.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:10 PM

I used the Nissan website to canvase about 30 dealers in Nor. Cal. on premiums for the Gt-R. Some were as high as $30k over, the lowest I found were $10K. Some of the higher ones were willing to talk lower premiums once they learned of other dealers offering better buys. I have decided not to purchase with a premium because, in all likelihood, Nissan will be making these cars, even in limited numbers, for a number of years and there should be ready availability. Given that dealers are willing to deal on the premiums even at this early point, is probably a fair bet that the premiums won't last too long.
Old 05-19-2008, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by revvy
I used the Nissan website to canvase about 30 dealers in Nor. Cal. on premiums for the Gt-R. Some were as high as $30k over, the lowest I found were $10K. Some of the higher ones were willing to talk lower premiums once they learned of other dealers offering better buys. I have decided not to purchase with a premium because, in all likelihood, Nissan will be making these cars, even in limited numbers, for a number of years and there should be ready availability. Given that dealers are willing to deal on the premiums even at this early point, is probably a fair bet that the premiums won't last too long.
Not that my wife would let me get one but mind me asking who was willing to give you 10K over?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:14 AM

if i remember correctly, one was central valley nissan.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by AndyN
Not that my wife would let me get one but mind me asking who was willing to give you 10K over?

Neither would my wife ... at 10K over that is.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by darstar007
Neither would my wife ... at 10K over that is.
Yeah, sad thing is, I actually got the go ahead for MSRP as well. I'm trying to wrangle the go ahead for "a little over". Of all the times she's given me the green light, its on a car that I can't find.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:14 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by AndyN
Yeah, sad thing is, I actually got the go ahead for MSRP as well. I'm trying to wrangle the go ahead for "a little over". Of all the times she's given me the green light, its on a car that I can't find.
Same boat exactly I've never been willing to spend so much on a car, but now that I am, can't find the damn thing at its retail price...

Looks like the Tri-Cities will have to wait the hype out a little.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:14 PM

Same boat exactly I've never been willing to spend so much on a car, but now that I am, can't find the damn thing at its retail price...
Me too, I could not swallow paying over MSRP, I am on the list at MSRP, maybe when the hype shifts to the Spec-V, or even dies out they will be available, maybe even the Spec-V (Even at 100K plus that is the one I really want anyway.)
Either way, either they will sell at MSRP or I will wait for my other car to arrive at MSRP.

Quick Reply: Official Dealers selling at or very close to MSRP list.