General General forums for the GTR community.

Oh man... we got slayed. Viper 7:22 at the Ring

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:35 AM
GTR Senior Member

Watching the in-cockpit vid is pretty hypnotic. You do get an idea of how the cars are just booking around the Ring. It's insane.
Old 08-30-2008, 09:48 PM

Cool there are 2 GT-R forums

http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index....pic=24429&st=0
Old 08-31-2008, 07:20 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Rebell
I have to disagree, the ACR is a very streetable car. It made the 2,000+ mile drive to Cali very comfortably. It is a Viper Coupe with front and rear downforce, different shocks (adjustable KGBs) and better tires (Pilot Cups). Otherwise it is the same as any '08 coupe.

You have air, stereo, sound dampening, same seats, belts and instruments. The power train is the same, as are the brakes. It just happens to be a great track car, pop on the front splitter and you're off, 8 screws. I ran with a GTR at Willow Springs Int'l Raceway but unfortunately he was more interested in showing it off rather then racing, really a shame, it woulda been fun. A couple of pics:

I stand corrected...mostly. I was referring to the hard core package, but I appreciate your feedback as an ACR owner. You've got a mean car.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:45 PM
Banned

i dont think you CAN compare the Viper to the GTR-V.

When comparing cars, the single greatest factor is price... this is almost like when people compared the M3 to the porsche GT2... whats the point???

and the ACR viper is closer in price to the GTR than the GTR-V... so ill continue to compare it to the GTR.

regardless, EXTREMLY impressive time. but even more impressive... that driver kept that car on the road!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:25 PM

Very impressive time...which should be easily fixed/remedied by engine/suspension/tire modifications to the GT-R.

Heck, aren't the Pilot Sport Cups a DOT R compound? Put some R compounds on the GT-R and you could easily cut off some time I would think.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:12 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by atlvalet
Very impressive time...which should be easily fixed/remedied by engine/suspension/tire modifications to the GT-R.

Heck, aren't the Pilot Sport Cups a DOT R compound? Put some R compounds on the GT-R and you could easily cut off some time I would think.
The rear wing plus other downforce bits also generate 1000lbs +.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:55 PM

Cool side view.... gives you a feel for the ring!

http://www.viperclub.org/downloads/EXTERNAL.wmv
Old 09-08-2008, 04:43 AM

anyone else noticed how many times the driver hit the rev limiter?...too lazy to shift because it's a PITA!
Old 09-21-2008, 04:09 PM

You guys and your 'Ring times, 0-60 times and statistics. You're all benchracing. Comparing cars' statistics and performance test numbers is like reading about what a steak tastes like. If you ain't driving it on the track (drags, road course, whatever), what difference does it make? They're only bragging rights based on magazines' tests.

Get out there and drive whatever you have and be a true auto enthusiast. The guy with the Viper tracking his car deserves all kinds of credit. He's living the dream no matter what car he has or how the magazines say it compares to the other cars.

I see this all the time on the BMW forums (and everywhere else). There the talk is all about the carbon fiber roof and how much weight it saves and why it's so much better than the sunroof. Gimme a break. There might be one person on all of the BMW forums who could tell the difference between an M3 with and without the CF roof even after driving the two cars back-to-back.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:56 PM

Well said Magic.

Quick Reply: Oh man... we got slayed. Viper 7:22 at the Ring