General General forums for the GTR community.

Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2008, 10:03 AM

Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll

Guys, save your money don't get suckered buy the HYPE!!!....Think with your brain....THINK.......Most street races happen from a roll right?.......Regular $45K Corvette puts down 390 to the wheels and weighs 3200 lbs.........vs $80K GT-R which puts down 420 to the wheels but weighs 3900 lbs......THINK.........The$45,000 Vette is gunna pull on your $80,000 dollar ride!!!!!!Think.....Top speed....Regular Corvette 193MPH...GT-r 191 MPH.....

So when your driving on the street and race from 30mph...50mph 90mph 120mph or even 5mph roll your gonna loose against a car costing $40,000 cheaper!!!

Ps. don't say I didn't try to worn you!

Pss. I'm finding out alot of you on this board are even doubting a Z06 will Spank a Gtr, from a roll or dead stop anywhere a Zo6 will spank stock production a Gtr 1/4 mile roll etc so here... from a roll the GTR wouldn't even see the Corvette the Vette would be so far ahead. The Gtr would have to ad mods adding atleast 90HP to tie a Zo6 from a roll! So heres a link , I almost hate to burst your buble...

Road and Track only magazine to date to test an actuall stock production GTr, All the others like car and driver etc were pre production engineering mules.

x

Last edited by steve wilson; 04-17-2008 at 02:50 PM. Reason: cc
Old 04-12-2008, 11:31 AM
GTR Senior Member

no the GT-R is already proven your way of thinking is not only false, your only thinking in a strait line.

not only is the power and gearing in the GT-R far greater, its got the dual clutch trans which makes it put that power to the ground even faster without missing a beat.

did you use any numbers? if i put the R35 into launch mode i can get to 60 in 3.3 secounds. the us models dont have limters and it will reach 120mph faster than the vette in launch mode too.

without launch mode it still will also spank the C6, seeing that it spanks the z06.

from a roll? without launch control, the GT-R really needs to tune the ECU, its very consirvative. but stock i see the Z06 doing faster at higher speeds because its v8 and higher gearing. this doesnt make the C6 better at all.

i dont see your point. you pay less and get less performance, thats only in a strait line. if we goto the track, the GT-R spanks the Z06 around any turn, let alone the c6.

did you just come here to stir up? cause sofar you have showed NOTHING that is true. you havent even shown facts. do you want me to sit here spank you with every post?

i have facts lined up from here to mia, GA!
Old 04-12-2008, 02:27 PM
GTR Member

Not to mention that damn near every American car magazine, car and driver and road and track, have the GTR as better than the 'vette as an all around track star anyway. Most american magazines have swore up and down about american muscle for years, and are now bowing their heads to nissan for making such an awesome car at such a reasonable price tag. Just read a little.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:30 PM

did you use any numbers? if i put the R35 into launch mode i can get to 60 in 3.3 secounds. the us models dont have limters and it will reach 120mph faster than the vette in launch mode too.

without launch mode it still will also spank the C6, seeing that it spanks the z06.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Sir, with all do respect your WRONG! And I quote, Your GT-r end quote, will in fact LOOSE to a Z06 0 to 120mph. Not only will it loose from 0-120mph but 0-75mph! This my mistaken friend is FACT. Don't belive me? In this months test of the only production U.S. GTr vs the Corvette and Porsce, the Corvette pulls away hard after 70mph and spanks it in the 1/4 mile, and is pulling by almost 10mph at the end of the quater on the Nissan! Don't belive me look at this months magazine test in car and driver! It's in black and white!

Sir again I do respect you but I also respect the truth and all the other members of this board not to Decieve!

Ps. Again the base model Corvette will also pull away from the Nissan Gtr from anywhere but a dead stop,due to the GTr's low Horsepower and high heft or weight!

In real world of street raceing the Gtr would loose to a base $45K Corvette

Don't hate me because of the truth! I do not own either car!
Old 04-12-2008, 03:03 PM

Edmunds ran an 11.807 @ 118.62 MPH. Show me a stock C6 running 11's.

I would also like to point out a glaring flaw in your "street racing logic". Roads are not well groomed dragstrips, and awd on the street is a major advantage, especially in the elements.

Either way, you're just a troll that joined to, well... troll.

Last edited by Tritech; 04-12-2008 at 03:06 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:38 PM

Edmunds ran an 11.807 @ 118.62 MPH. Show me a stock C6 running 11's.

I would also like to point out a glaring flaw in your "street racing logic". Roads are not well groomed dragstrips, and awd on the street is a major advantage, especially in the elements.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Very observant sir, "streets are not well gromed drag strips".. Exactly my point.

This is one of the many reasons street racing almost always happens from a roll!( chance encouters, traffic,stoping all lanes of traffic, time etc also are reasons strret raceing happens from roll)

.. Sir, again take alook at the 1/4mile times edms ran look at the MPH. Notice anything? Think.... Great time but slow MPH. This shows thr GTr's low horsepower but EXellent Launch!.....Now take away the Nissans good launch where it cant exploit 4wd and horsepower to weight matters most.T

The Zo6 is by FAR more powerful in the weight to HP equation. Just try to imagine being in the Gtr at a drag srip at the end of a 1/4mile drag race. Not only is the Zo6 ahead of you but pulling away at almost 10mph from you and pulling HARD!

Again with the base Corvete the base $45K 436HP 3200lb Corvette also has a better HP to weight advantageto the $80K 480hp 3900lb Nissan GTr!!!

From 70mph to 193mph ,120mph and even 5mph- 193mph a base Corvette will out run the Nissan GTr! Everywhere EXCEPT from a dead stop, and even then the base Corvette will eventually pass the GTr on the way up to 193MPH!

Last edited by steve wilson; 04-12-2008 at 04:50 PM. Reason: cc
Old 04-12-2008, 06:36 PM
GTR Senior Member

Wow...all I can say is wow. I'm not even going to waste my time responding to your nonsense. Go back to your mullet loving corvette forum and impress some 12 year olds with your poor spelling and incomplete facts.

Case and point=the GTR outperforms the "45 k dollar vette" as you say in every way I want it to...on paper, and more importantly on the track. The vette is a nice car, but the GTR is kickin butt in supercar territory and is taking names. Ever heard of the nurburg ring? Yeah...not even close my friend.
Old 04-12-2008, 07:12 PM

Guys, I'll only add one point here:

Let's wait and see if the production GT-Rs are as fast and powerful as the pre-production units Nissan has been putting out there for the car mags and others to drive.

The proof is in the pudding and that has to wait until the cars are at the dealerships and being driven on the streets, 1/4 mile tracks and road courses. Nissan wouldn't be the first manufacturer to put non-stock vehicles out there to propel the hype.

Let's wait and see...
Old 04-12-2008, 09:23 PM

Case and point=the GTR outperforms the "45 k dollar vette" as you say in every way I want it to...on paper, and more importantly on the track. The vette is a nice car, but the GTR is kickin butt in supercar territory and is taking names. Ever heard of the nurburg ring? Yeah...not even close my friend.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Ahhh Sir Winkie.....

I'm only poining out facrs Facts that can be checked like you said on paper!

The only way the Gtr can even keep up with a fast cars is smoke and Mirrors! You should know this as I like you drive a Sti. With are cars we can actually beat a FAST car for a brief time because of or awd and a driveline life threatening launch, only to have the FAST car blow by us after launching!

What are gonna tell the Gtr driver who gets his *** handed to him raceing one of these super car he supposedly can smoke on the street? What are you gonna say when regular Vettes, Vipers and even the Surprise Surprise Sheby Mustangs Pulls away from your Hyped Gtr because of the horsepower to weight ratio?..The Sheby GT 500 Actually has a better horsepower to weight ratio than thr GTr!

Don't hate me because I pont out Facts!

I actually was looking foward to the GTr! I was dissapointed for 4 reasons 1 The car not living up to hype, 2. the Low Horsepower 3 the UNEXCUSABLE weight and forth the price almost $80,000-90,000 after markup, heck I'd rather mod my Sti!

Last edited by steve wilson; 04-12-2008 at 10:03 PM. Reason: cc
Old 04-12-2008, 10:54 PM

I Can't Believe I Am Wasting My Time On A Troll

[1

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-03-2008 at 03:05 AM.

Quick Reply: Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll