General General forums for the GTR community.

Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:16 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by gogoevo
As much as I have been fighting; I can not stay silent any longer. The Z06 is almost as useful as a nerf vibrator! Wonderful for one thing and one thing only..... 75k+ for strait line driving.

Wow, that is quite the nieve statement.

Accoring to the road and track article linked numerous times in this post, it also out brakes the GTR. There are also a bunch of articles on the Zo6 that have it in excess of 1g of lat accel.

Last edited by ZOsixTT; 04-20-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:54 PM

Have to agree. That was pretty silly. Both are fantastic cars and fantastic bargains. I'd feel lucky to own either.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:36 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ChrisF
Have to agree. That was pretty silly. Both are fantastic cars and fantastic bargains. I'd feel lucky to own either.
I agree. Although the GT-R will suit my preferences a lot more.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:27 PM

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-03-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 01:55 PM

Wink

Last edited by Phoenix; 05-03-2008 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:20 PM
GTR Member

This has to be one of the most "heated" debates I've ever seen on this forum....
Old 04-21-2008, 06:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by NERDJustBNME
This has to be one of the most "heated" debates I've ever seen on this forum....

I agree! 2.5 years on this forum, and I have never seen a topic go 7 pages. Especially one that is an argument/debate thread.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:13 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Phoenix
RE: 1. : Who cares how it is rated! OMG, that is a null issue. There is variance everywhere with every model. So your point is that all makes and models are over / underrated / side-rated. Aaugh, ridiculous. Sorry, no point there. It's a wash.

RE: 2. : Car & Driver 11.5, 1/4 m; Los Angeles Times 3.1, 0 - 60; found that with 10 seconds of google search. Again, who cares!

RE: 2a (not sure if true with a AWD vehicle?) OK, so if any car, front, rear, AW drive vehicle has a better launch, i.e. 60' launch improves from say 1.9 to 1.7, it won't improve 1/4 mile? Shakes head. You desperately need to take a physics class.

OK, you live in Scottsdale. I live in Phoenix. 20 minutes away. How about we meet at Speedworld. I'll get it videotaped so everyone can see. You can show everybody your twin turbo Z06 and I'll show how a 4 cylinder, front-wheel drive vehicle (street legal) can improve 1/4 mile times by improving 60 fts. I have slicks, DRs, and street tires. Then we can race head-to-head. Race what you bring. Surely, a 4 cylinder, front-wheel drive car can't beat a Z06? twin-turbo, no less.

I am really sick of the incessant corvette trolling. I drive and enjoy corvettes, but this nit-picking and arguing over a car that isn't even here in the US in any number is ridiculous. Nissan has done a tremendous job engineering this vehicle and has brought a philosophy of performance that is novel. Sorry if it doesn't meet your tastes. You need to stop arguing the gray area. . I do not believe that is the purpose of this forum. I am trying to learn something and be educated; not be lambasted by some insecure, emotionally-imbalanced corvette owner.

Step up or shut up.

RE1 - ding ding, that was my point, most of these cars are underrated. I’m starting to question your ability to read.

RE2 - your missing the point, the response had to due with trap speeds and their relation to 1.4 mile times. What may hold true for rwd does not mean it the same with the GTR. Now im questioning you ability to read and comprehend.

BTW is not "race what you bring", its "run what you brung" but I wouldn’t expect you to understand that. Where did I say you would not inc 1/4 time by inc 60 foot times, (see RE2) learn to read. First of all I’m sure there are fwd 4 bangers that can beat my tt z06. I doubt there are many running on 91 octane, through cats, with street tires that can. Even if there is I would not lose any sleep over it and sure as hell wouldn’t trade you.

Newsflash, your the one trolling, my statements did not put down the GTR in any way. If you want to "be educated" try remedial reading and comprehension. "Incessant"? hello word synonym finder. lol

Other than the fact that in my previous posts I stated I wanted a GTR, why do you think i hate it so much?

Last edited by ZOsixTT; 04-22-2008 at 02:16 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:33 PM
GTR Senior Member

I love this thread. Watching us argue about 2 great performing cars...The Z06 is an awesome car, and so is the GTR. That is all I'd like to contribute today.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by winkie
I love this thread. Watching us argue about 2 great performing cars...The Z06 is an awesome car, and so is the GTR. That is all I'd like to contribute today.

Its fun, I love it. Just to think how much controversy can arise from fractions of a second.

Not to Hijack but this is nutz, this is one of a few 08 vipers that have been crashed before leaving the dealers lot.
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-sr...ng-dealer.html

Quick Reply: Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll