General General forums for the GTR community.

Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 05:40 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZOsixTT
Not to Hijack but this is nutz, this is one of a few 08 vipers that have been crashed before leaving the dealers lot.
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-sr...ng-dealer.html
Uh...oops!
Old 04-23-2008, 03:39 PM

The ZR1 will be about 625+ HP while the Z06 is 505. ~200 lbs. won't hurt the ZR1 that much but getting that power to the street will be a challenge.

Originally Posted by Phoenix
You know, I really wish they had just done all the weight reduction to the Z06 package. The LS3 plus ancillary hardware (ZR1) adds another ~ 200 lbs to the equation, which really degrades the increased HP significantly. When you add in the fact that it is now more challenging to deliver the power to the ground in a consistent manner, even in ideal dry conditions, it seems GM just spent a lot more money to make a more powerful corvette that weighs more and that is less user-friendly. Just my 2 cents.
Old 04-24-2008, 10:48 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by MagicMtnDan
The ZR1 will be about 625+ HP while the Z06 is 505. ~200 lbs. won't hurt the ZR1 that much but getting that power to the street will be a challenge.
I would have though so too, but they have run 11 flat 1/4 mile times.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:47 PM
GTR Member

I for one hope ur right about the Vette / GT-R comparison. The way things are looking, I won't be able to get a GT-R under $100K anytime soon. Good to have an alternative.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:40 AM

Whatever happened to the douchebag OP?

Hopefully, he's off trolling Civic forums now, talking about how fast his daddy's Corvette is.

Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 AM
GTRForums Staff

Originally Posted by darstar007
I for one hope ur right about the Vette / GT-R comparison. The way things are looking, I won't be able to get a GT-R under $100K anytime soon. Good to have an alternative.

You may want to look around. 100k seems to be the far upper end of the price scale. Most are in the 80-90 range with some going down into the mid 70s
Old 05-05-2008, 07:56 AM
GTRForums Staff

Originally Posted by ZOsixTT
I would have though so too, but they have run 11 flat 1/4 mile times.
Yeah, its just a matter of learning to driving it and having big fat sticky tires on that car. As you mentioned, the quarter mile times are not suffering. The tricky part is corner exit roll onto the throttle and getting the power down. Again though, just a matter of learning to drive it
Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by CharlesJ
You may want to look around. 100k seems to be the far upper end of the price scale. Most are in the 80-90 range with some going down into the mid 70s

Where are you finding mid 70's? Region, states. I'm out in California where the markup is insane. I'm still planning on waiting for the price to settle, but I think competition is healthy. As much as I'm in awe of the GT-R, I wouldn't mind if other manufacturers responded with their best efforts.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:32 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by basicallyevolve
OK... Time for this person to be taught a thing or two.. Maybe more if he is smart. American Hunk of junk yes.. period! RWD < AWD and NEVER WILL A ZO6 beat any GTR at any track besides a 1/4 mile. A highly modified GTR vs Highly modified ZO6. i will put my money on the GTR any day on a straight away.. Here my proof for you to shut your trap about your TRAP speed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zkYMy4c5ZY

600 Hp Evo ( Chris Evo From AMS 601 WHP in the VID now the evo currently has 930+. I had an 05 Evo MR with 450 + WHP With AMS turbo Kit So i learned from this company)

Vs Corvette ZO6 With Turbo 644 WHP.

Corvette is lighter and it has 43 more WHP.. RACING a 4 banger with a turbo

EAT your words and sit down and turn off your computer or get out of the GTR forums.No one needs spoilers here.. Go hang out with Hennessey a bit why don't you.

And for the record if your READ my post correctly which you obviously didn't because i can tell by your ignorant POST> i SAID LATER this year when i get my GTR and my modifications You can race me. SO L2Read before you post.

And just for you man.

http://www.myspace.com/constupid

Theres my myspace.. why dont you watch a couple of my videos Posted INCLUDING

Me back when i had 300 Whp Vs a normal C6 Freeway and Off the line. Then you can talk. You will always run into people who talk the talk and beat them and think your the **** on the streets man.. But let me clue you in.. One day, somewhere , sometime you will run into a car that will rape you in the *** then you will learn your lesson.. All you've raced so far are AWD Turbo cars with an Exhaust with owners who are ignorant to what true modifications and real speed is.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...ct_OnTrack.pdf

maybe you should see that the GTR VS 911 Turbo Vs ZO6 lap times.

1:56.9 2:02.1 2:02.2

ZO6 is last as usual in the Supercars

And i quote “The GT-R absolutely spanked the competition.”

and I'm glad your still Looking for a GTR for MSRP.. because with the talk you brought in here down talking The GTR you don't Deserve a GTR. Go buy a new ZO6 and fix that up my friend.

You need to want the GTR bad to try hard enough to get it at MSRP. Clearly you do not and have not.

Ignorance is bliss and his name is ZOsixTT

Hennessey Viper ACR incenerates all competition at the 1 lap of America including a nissan GTR!
Sorry, i just wanted to spice the thread up again.
But it is rally impressive how bad the ACR is beating eveything, its not even close.
Still looking for a GTR at MSRP.
http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...s.shtml?y=2008
Old 05-06-2008, 08:24 AM
GTRForums Staff

Originally Posted by darstar007
Where are you finding mid 70's? Region, states. I'm out in California where the markup is insane. I'm still planning on waiting for the price to settle, but I think competition is healthy. As much as I'm in awe of the GT-R, I wouldn't mind if other manufacturers responded with their best efforts.
You generally have to go outside the major cities, but especially outside the major ones in CA. I have still heard 15-20 over in CA, but more rare. Search through the middle sections of the country and you can find much less. I found a number of 10k over in the southeast

Quick Reply: Regular Corvette will spank a GT-R frm roll