General General forums for the GTR community.

Response to my thread ... which was Closed.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

Response to my thread ... which was Closed.

Not only am i personally insulted that you'd think i would be 'trolling' the site and fabricating aspects of my life, but i am a little disturbed that your take on criticism is to yell 'troll' .

I do own a Black GTR, and my post was the first time id been on the site since my tranny blew. Not exactly confidence inspiring on a car that had 13 miles on it when i bought it.

since then i have paid (reluctantly) to fix the tranny myself, and i have gotten over the issue. It was my own fault for running the car without the VDC on.

I am going to remain a member here because im NOT a troll, and i have not the time nor the patience to troll a forum which i only have the time to post on every few weeks anyway.

To those of you with GTR's, or those about to buy one, i suggest you keep your VDC on. DONT LAUNCH YOUR CAR.

And as for the people who were so quick to dismiss anyone with a negative aspect of your beloved car, to me, your all Fanboys. The worst part of owning such an amazing machine is being associated with fine gentlemen such as yourselves.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:24 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro371
The worst part of owning such an amazing machine is being associated with fine gentlemen such as yourselves.
...uh, the worst thing about owning such a machine would be that I couldn't launch it.

Okay, so my last comment didn't need to be said, I was mostly joking...BUT, look at it from our perspective too; someone that rarely posts comes along and cites another forum and says "Hey, my car did this too!" and then doesn't refer back to the thread that he started? I think it was a proper to call troll. Now, it sounds like you may be legit, but before you go on hammering Nissan about the "dysfunctional tranny", do you mind giving us insight as to your situation? I know in the other thread that you provided the driver was very aggressive with launches (and the amount of times launching), and some people attributed that to his problems. How about yours? Was it really your first launch? Did Nissan void the tranny warranty? Come on, fill us in...
Old 10-13-2008, 08:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by winkie
...uh, the worst thing about owning such a machine would be that I couldn't launch it.

Okay, so my last comment didn't need to be said, I was mostly joking...BUT, look at it from our perspective too; someone that rarely posts comes along and cites another forum and says "Hey, my car did this too!" and then doesn't refer back to the thread that he started? I think it was a proper to call troll. Now, it sounds like you may be legit, but before you go on hammering Nissan about the "dysfunctional tranny", do you mind giving us insight as to your situation? I know in the other thread that you provided the driver was very aggressive with launches (and the amount of times launching), and some people attributed that to his problems. How about yours? Was it really your first launch? Did Nissan void the tranny warranty? Come on, fill us in...
Ok. the last comment was out of line, but that was dirrected towards everyone who thought 'oh that cant be true'

it might have been my second launch.

I didnt launch the car hard, i was at 238 miles, and was still in my break in period. I like to baby my cars, but i wasnt happy with the acceleration of the car without the launch. I had tested an Z06 and it accelerated better than the GTR, so i tried the launch.

you dont have to believe me, it ranks very low on my list of worries.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:49 AM
GTR Senior Member

How much was the repair...and what are they repairing?
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 AM
GTR Member

The reason why your thread was closed was because of several factors. You know that I have defended you on different occasions from people who are accusing you of trolling. You have to understand where people are coming from. They find it hard to believe that someone who has so much negative things to say about a car will actually go out to buy the car. Combine that with your heading "Nissan Sucks..." and (some may find derogatory) statement refering to Nissan as those "Japs"; you can see why I had to close the thread.

Generally speaking I could care less about someone bashing the GTR so long as they are mature about it (this isn't a Honda/SRT-4 forums where such things are expected).

Carry on....
Old 10-13-2008, 05:01 PM

Can you show us pictures of your car? Can you show us a scanned image of the 20,000.00 tranny bill? Man that is almost 1/3 the cost of the MSRP on the car. Seems a bit steep. Nissan would be hearing from my attorney if they voided the warranty because I used an option they gave me to use. I'm sorry man....i'm not buying it without proof. Call me a skeptic, but your case would be far more believable if you simply provided us with some proof to state your case.

I personally don't own a GTR but do own a new 2008 Z06.

If this is a true story, I really hope Nissan works it out and I certainly wish you the best. I for one have no regrets choosing the Z06 over the GTR...

Name:  IMG_7405.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  159.4 KB