GTR Forums Announcements Latest site announcements and discussions will be placed in here.

GTRForums

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 01:46 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

GTRForums

Hey Everyone,
I want to announce a new change in ownership for GTRForums. Internet Brands, Inc. is the new company that purchased the site and will be taking over the operations from now on. If you are not familiar with whom they are, they own forums such as Honda-Tech, Rennlist, and AudiWorld, just to name a few.

Why did I decide to sell? Well it wasn’t an easy decision. I think the biggest reason for me is that Mark isn’t here anymore and it kind of feels empty being here without him. By doing this I can sort of move on. The other reason is I don’t nearly have the resources that Internet Brands has to support the needs of the community. I think you all deserve more from an owner and an admin and I really feel that Internet Brands can get the job done.

The plan is to maintain GTRForums as a stand-alone site, while leveraging Internet Brands’ technology resources where they can enhance the site. There are no changes planned for site at this point, other than moving the site to their servers. They have assured me that their plan is to maintain GTRForums’s own identity.

As for me, I will continue being an admin here and helping out as much as I can. I will probably focus more on getting content (new articles) and helping out with issues on occur on the forum. I can’t thank everyone here enough for all the memories and the efforts you all have put into the site to make it great. I’m happy that I can at least leave you in good hands so the community can continue its path to being even better.

Thanks
Ali
Old 08-06-2008, 05:39 PM
GTR Senior Member

thanks for letting us know ali
Old 08-06-2008, 09:16 PM
GTR Member

Yeah, thanks alot. Glad that you'll still be around
Old 08-25-2008, 05:02 PM
GTR Senior Member

Well, sorry you had to sell but it seems the pros outweighed the cons. I'm glad it will maintain it's identity intact.

bonz