General General forums for the GTR community.

Features of your GTR will VOID WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 08:37 PM

I would be so pissed if they voided my warrantee over something tha was not clear in teh first place. I really don't think they could do that.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:08 AM
GTR Member

I don't care what Nissan says! When I get the GTR its my car and I'll do whatever I want with it.
Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by EXTREME
Are you serious? can we do that? where can i buy one?
They are still testing the accessport for USDM cars.

Here is a video of Cobb's JDM GT-R and the exhaust note is incredible, it will be a whole lot cheaper than other tuners to get a better sound as it is only high flow cats and a cat back exhaust. They leave the stock exhaust tips which will keep a sleeper look (as much as a GT-R can be a sleeper).

Hard to argue with over 500 whp with very little in upgrades.

Last edited by Catapult5; 08-07-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 05:38 PM
GTR Senior Member

thanks for posting the movie, it does sound awesome
Old 08-06-2008, 08:00 PM

Thanks catapult5 for the info.
isnt Mine's Japan coming up with ECU upgrades and Cat-back kit?!
Old 08-07-2008, 06:33 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by EXTREME
Thanks catapult5 for the info.
isnt Mine's Japan coming up with ECU upgrades and Cat-back kit?!
I was going to go with Mine's too but found that mines is going to be far more expensive especially since mines want you to have their exhaust pipes which are not cheap. Since Cobb is out of the US it will be much easier and cheaper to get parts. No over nighting parts from Japan necessary.

Also Cobb is developing coil over conversion kit for the suspension that will allow change but will not make you lose ability to change the suspension from the three modes (you do with Mine's full suspension) all of this at a far cheaper price than the $9,000 full suspension swap from Mine's. Remember that if you lose the suspension switch you also lose launch control.
Cobb Suspension

I'm not sure that the ECU tunes are so different but the gains Cobb has gotten are impressive and since I want to go with just one tuner Cobb coil over swap won me over (as did that exhaust note)

Last edited by Catapult5; 08-07-2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:47 AM

The only difference from any other performance car, in terms of what you just listed, is that turning of the VDC will void warrarnty. "Racing" as opposed to controlled lapping at a track ALWAYS voids your warranty unless you have a purpose-built-by-factory race car.

Also, I believe that turning off the VDC does NOT void your warranty altogether, if it did they would not put the option front and center. However any damage done to your car due to you turning off your VDC and then sliding into a wall or spinning the wheels off their axles is definetly not covered.

As far as launch control, the popular method is unnofficial and was never officially recognized by nissan as far as I know. What they are talking about is most likely the act of holding the brakes and reving your engine to redicuous RPMs while in D (like you would in a video game or a drag-car). I would think that this could severely damage your rotors, pads, axles, all the mechanics of the awd system, etc etc. The unofficial launch control effectively uses the computerized system to make sure that power does not go to the wheels while revving with the brake fully depressed.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 AM
GTR Senior Member

Well I talked to the GT-R tech (3rd best Nissan tech in the US from what I understand) at my dealer yesterday and hinted at what would happen with the VDC off. He actually acknowledged launch control and said what we all knew, that too many launches will void the warranty. He also spoke of the black box and said that he didn't do the reading of it, he had to send it to Nissan for the full diagnostic. So, he doesn't have anything to do with voided warranties, Nissan does that.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:49 PM

Why does anyone need to launch the GTR? Unless you're doing 1/4 mile drag times! I mean, why not just floor it when youre ready...with AWD, there should'nt be much loss of traction from a stop
Old 09-09-2008, 10:02 AM
GTR Senior Member

Well I will have to do it maybe just once or twice just to feel what it is like but I really want to protect the 17k transmission. I understand that there is only a few tenth tenths of a second to 60 lost when using all R mode compared to LC.

Quick Reply: Features of your GTR will VOID WARRANTY