R32 | R33 | R34 Talk about R32, R33, & R34 topics in here.

anywhere to buy a 92 r-32 in the US or Canada?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:03 PM

anywhere to buy a 92 r-32 in the US or Canada?

hi im new, and i want to buy a r-32, and i dont have 25k to spend. i would only like to spent up to 8k, and im pretty sure i cant get anything with that, but if anyone has any sites that sells r-32s or where i can get one so i can drive it in the US
Old 10-07-2005, 07:46 AM
GTR Member

sites

don't rule out ebay, they post skylines every now and again. But be careful and do your homework on whoever is selling the car, there have been a lot of scams going down. Also don't be afraid to check out RB Motoring at www.rbmotoring.com and Motorex at www.motorex.net. Even though motorex can't import anymore they do have some skylines in stock, and financing is always an option. Your payments should be pretty low with $8K as a down payment.
Old 10-07-2005, 09:18 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by VERTICALSLIK
hi im new, and i want to buy a r-32, and i dont have 25k to spend. i would only like to spent up to 8k, and im pretty sure i cant get anything with that, but if anyone has any sites that sells r-32s or where i can get one so i can drive it in the US
Sorry to tell you even a illegal skyline will cost you more than 8 if that's all you have to spend.
Old 10-07-2005, 03:07 PM

ok, what about just a 92, not a gt-r, just a gts-t type m, how much do u think they would go for? and what about that over 15 year thing? I heard that u can get imports that are 15 years or older %100 legal, and registered. im only 17, and i really want to get a skyline for my graduation gift, and it doesnt have to be a gtr, i just want to be a part of the skyline family
Old 10-07-2005, 03:31 PM

ok i found this one http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/73...-for-sale.html and i really like it, so how would i ba able to get it registered and legal to drive in the us? its 15 year mark will be next month,
Old 10-07-2005, 05:01 PM
GTR Senior Member

ok i found this one http://www.japan-partner.com/Auto/73...-for-sale.html and i really like it, so how would i ba able to get it registered and legal to drive in the us? its 15 year mark will be next month,
The 15 year rule only applies to Canada it 20 or 25 in the U.S. I can't rember.

Check on insurance since you 17 I'd say your looking at about 2,500 for full coverage. If any1 will even cover u.

Here's a thread about it.
http://forums.gtrforums.com/showthre...6&page=1&pp=10
Old 10-07-2005, 05:45 PM

so theres no way to get this legally into america?
Old 10-07-2005, 09:04 PM
GTR Senior Member

so theres no way to get this legally into america?
Not with out spending about 50 grand.
Old 10-07-2005, 10:28 PM

ok, say i import that skyline i posted earlier and i import it to canada, register it there, then bring it to the us? can i do that, thats not illegal right?
Old 10-08-2005, 07:08 AM
GTR Member

OK, Listen here, you aren't getting a street legal skyline into america for any less than $20K for an R32. Just won't happen. Unless you find one for sale that is already here. But out of all the skylines I've seen in the last few months on ebay, I haven't seen an R32. That doesn't mean they don't exist though. You can find anything if you put your mind to it. Just do your homework. Although, your best bet right now, is probably to play the waiting game like everyone else. And honestly, I don't think that the skyline should be anyone's FIRST car to drive. I'm sure the insatiable urge to push that pedal to the floor will be too much, and you will soon be out of one of two things, either your car, or your license. Relax and put some money away. Drive a beater for a while, then when you have the money, put a down payment on one and finance the rest. It isn't hard, you could probably get your parents to co-sign for you.

Quick Reply: anywhere to buy a 92 r-32 in the US or Canada?