General General forums for the GTR community.

GTR @ DC Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:37 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

GTR @ DC Auto Show

Here's a link to some pics I took at the show : CLICK ME

There are some other cars in there as well.

I was able to get "media only" access to the car while it was on the rotating platform. I was able to sit in the car and just take a look around where ever I wanted. The interior of the GTR is pretty nice, however, if you compare it to any of the 911's or the new M3 it doesn't meet the same grade. Obviously what you are getting for your money is the performance aspect of car then the way the interior "feels".

Truck space is pretty large and the rear seats looks to be able to house a reasonably average heat adult (maybe 5'10" at the most). Looking under the hood was nothing different then what you have seen in pictures so nothing new there.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:52 PM
GTR Member

Because I got to the show late I wasn't able to sit in it... ...I can only blame the D.C. metro system. We were stuck at the Rosslyn station for about 35 minutes. Then we had to take a metro bus to the next station and ride two more trains to the Convention Center station. Overall though I thought the GT-R looked great up close and personal. Did you happen to see the Phantom owned by Osama...lol
Old 01-25-2008, 03:55 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by NERDJustBNME
Because I got to the show late I wasn't able to sit in it... ...I can only blame the D.C. metro system. We were stuck at the Rosslyn station for about 35 minutes. Then we had to take a metro bus to the next station and ride two more trains to the Convention Center station. Overall though I thought the GT-R looked great up close and personal. Did you happen to see the Phantom owned by Osama...lol

That sucks to hear. Were they allowing people to go sit inside the car?
Old 01-25-2008, 04:24 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by spt
That sucks to hear. Were they allowing people to go sit inside the car?
No sir! No one was allowed to even get on the platform. Since I worked the Auto Show in Virginia Beach I had built a rapport with the Nissan reps. They informed me that if I got to the D.C. show before they opened to the public they would let me get in the GT-R. But, since I couldn't get there in time I was denied. I'm not too upset though....My customer had a good time and he told me I can drive his GT-R when it arrives so that's a great consolation prize!
Old 01-25-2008, 05:20 PM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by spt
The interior of the GTR is pretty nice, however, if you compare it to any of the 911's or the new M3 it doesn't meet the same grade. Obviously what you are getting for your money is the performance aspect of car then the way the interior "feels".
That's too bad that the interior isn't so swell...but I kind of expected that from Nissan. I think the GTR can contend with european performance, but not luxury.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by winkie
That's too bad that the interior isn't so swell...but I kind of expected that from Nissan. I think the GTR can contend with european performance, but not luxury.

Don't tell me you expected something extremely nice? I don't think they really gave a **** about luxury, so why even try.
Old 01-26-2008, 11:17 AM
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by ceb unit
Don't tell me you expected something extremely nice? I don't think they really gave a **** about luxury, so why even try.
Uh, I didn't expect anything really nice...but for 80 k it better be nicer than my STi interior...more importantly I hope the touch screen system doesn't have issues because it's such an integral part of the car (data logging, etc).
Old 01-26-2008, 01:55 PM
spt
GTR Senior Member

Originally Posted by winkie
Uh, I didn't expect anything really nice...but for 80 k it better be nicer than my STi interior...more importantly I hope the touch screen system doesn't have issues because it's such an integral part of the car (data logging, etc).
The interior is far better then the STI. My comparison is with cars within the same price range. The only exception is the vette. The GTR has a much better interior by far.